We offer several types of appraisals to suit your needs:
- Insurance Appraisal - This is the most detailed type of appraisal. It involves mapping out inclusions on all diamonds over 1/2 carat. Minimum charge is $60.
- Update Appraisal - If you have an old insurance appraisal, we can update is to the current replacement value. Minimum charge is $20.
• Fair Market Value Appraisal - This type of appraisal evaluates how much that one may anticipate receiving in a transaction between a willing buyer and a willing seller, time not being of the essence. Minimum charge is $10.
• Estate Appraisal - This is similar to a fair market value appraisal, but is used for evaluating merchandise transferred from an estate. Minimum charge is $40.
• Appraisal to Buy - this is when the customer wants to sell the jewelry to us. We will examine your jewelry and test it for gold content then make you an offer. If the offer is taken, we need a form of ID to photocopy for our records. We offer cash in the form of a check or store credit. A daily report of items we purchase from the public is sent to the police. There is no charge for this service.
• Verbal Appraisal - This verbal appraisal evaluates the current replacement value of merchandise. People usually request this when they want to know if they paid a fair price for jewelry bought at another store. Minimum charge is $10.